Invisalign Clear Braces in Lake View &
Lincoln Park, IL Straighten Smiles Seamlessly
We understand – for many patients, the thought of wearing traditional braces in order to improve their teeth and smile more confidently is just too big of a hurdle. After all, maintaining a professional, polished image may be a top priority for you, and dark-colored brackets and wires would leave you feeling like you’re back in middle school. That’s why Dr. Corey Jones is happy to offer multiple aesthetic-focused treatment options that prioritize a natural appearance, and Invisalign clear braces are right at the top of the list. If you’d like to schedule a consultation, don’t hesitate to give our Chicago, IL office a call! Our team looks forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign treatment eliminates the age-old model of brackets and wires from the orthodontic equation entirely! Instead, the process relies on a series of clear, custom-made aligners that are personally designed by the Invisalign Lab. Each aligner represents a different state of the teeth as they’re gradually shifted into a more pleasing position. The number of aligners will differ from case to case, but most patients can expect to wear anywhere from 20 to 30 aligners on both the upper and lower rows of teeth.
Dr. Jones will provide the aligners in groups, and the patients will wear each one for a span of about two weeks before being instructed to switch to the next one in their set. You will also attend regular checkups here at our Chicago practice every 4-6 weeks so that we can ensure you’re making progress and provide you with your next set of aligners.
What Kinds of Problems Can Invisalign Correct?
Invisalign treatment is typically ideal for treating mild to moderate orthodontic concerns, such as the following:
- Noticeable gaps between teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Relatively simple problems with bite
- Relapses that may occur if retainers aren’t worn properly after traditional orthodontic treatment is completed
More extensive orthodontic problems may require the use of traditional or clear/ceramic braces to achieve the desired results. Dr. Jones will be happy to perform a thorough consultation and help you determine if Invisalign is a possible option for correcting your smile’s unique needs.
How Long Does Invisalign Take To Straighten My Smile?
As with virtually every orthodontic service, the projected length of treatment will depend on several factors that are personal to each individual patient, such as the scope of the alignment issues we are trying to correct. In most cases, though, adult patients are finished with their smile transformation in less than a year. Teenage patients typically need more time, and their treatment plans are likely to span anywhere from a year to 18 months.
What Are The Advantages of Invisalign?
- Aesthetic Quality – Your new Invisalign aligners will fit snugly and comfortably over the teeth, and their clear appearance means that they’ll blend right in with your smile. While clear/ceramic braces can provide improvements over the traditional braces model, they still require more bulky hardwire overall. With Invisalign, the people you come into contact with every day are likely to not even notice you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment at all – they’ll just see the beautiful improvements that occur as a result!
- Improved Comfort – The clear, high-quality plastic of your new aligners is designed to be as sleek as possible, providing a stable and comfortable fit. There are no wires or brackets to poke against your vulnerable gum tissue and cause irritation. Patients are likely to only experience some very minor soreness when aligners are first switched out.
- Added Convenience – With Invisalign, there are no uncomfortable tightening appointments to worry about with your orthodontist. Instead, you’ll be able to visit with Dr. Jones, let him take a quick tour of your smile to ensure that everything’s going well, and pick up your new aligners at each checkup. Because your aligners are removable, you’ll also be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods throughout treatment – no frustrating restrictions required!
- Easy Oral Hygiene – The removable aligners make keeping teeth clean with brushing and flossing a walk in the park. Also, because they’re removed for eating, there are less chances of food becoming caught and causing problems over time, reducing your risk of cavities.